Terms & Conditions
DFA ‘WHAT’S NEW EVENTS’ TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Conditions together with the Registration Form constitute an agreement between DFA and you, which governs all aspects of your attendance at any DFA ‘What’s New in DFU’ Events. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Conditions apply. By registering to attend the ‘What’s New’ Event, or agreeing to an invitation to attend, you as a prospective registrant, acknowledge you have read and agree to be bound by this agreement.
- Registration and payment
- Acceptance of Registration Forms is at our discretion, for which we will provide confirmation. We reserve the right to decline any registration application, however if we do so we will refund or not process all monies then paid.
- We will not consider any Registration Form not accompanied by the Fee or where it is incomplete. The Fee for registering is correct at time of publication. DFA reserves the right to change the Fee at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed.
- Once registration is received a confirmation email and tax invoice will be issued.
- Program Changes
- Concerning the ‘What’s New in DFU’ Event, DFA reserves the right at any time to:
- Change the format, participants, content, location and timing or any other aspect;
- Postpone them or any part of them; or
iii. Cancel them or any part of them, and
- will not be liable to you for any damages, costs, losses or expenses of any kind incurred or suffered by you in connection with DFA modifying, postponing or cancelling the ‘What’s New in DFU’ Event.
- If the ‘What’s New in DFU’ Event is cancelled, or postponed by DFA and you are unable to attend we will refund the Fee.
- DFA’s developed education content is obtained from sources believed to be reputable and reliable. DFA accepts no liability for any inaccuracy or misrepresentation. This information is not professional advice or a substitute for seeking professional advice, or as a full consideration of particular circumstances faced by the user. Acting in accordance with information provided by the program does not guarantee discharge of any duty.
- Registrant’s rights and obligations
- By registering, you warrant your details as provided are true and correct.
- You must comply with any particular conditions, rules, regulations or usage requirements of the Venue or of DFA in connection with the ‘What’s New in DFU’ event.
- You must also comply with all verbal and written directions given by us or the Venue whilst at, entering or departing the Venue (including without limitation in respect of an acceptable noise level emanating from the exhibition space).
- DFA reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse admission to, or to eject you from an Event, in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation), for failure to comply with these Terms or if in the opinion of DFA you represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of an Event.
- Photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information is prohibited at an Event without prior DFA written consent.
- Cancellation and Transfers
- You may cancel your ‘What’s New in DFU’ registration by written notice to DFA. Your registration Fee will be refundable subject to the following conditions:
- cancellations are received at least 10 days prior to the event date less a 10% administration fee;
ii. cancellations received in a foreign currency are subject to the currency exchange rate fluctuations offered by your banking institution at the time the refund is issued.
- You may substitute another to attend a Session or Event in your place by written notice of such to DFA. DFA reserves the right to refuse entry to any substitute delegate for whom DFA was not provided such notice, or where relevant eligibility criteria are not satisfied. DFA confirmation of substitutions is also subject to the payment of any applicable additional fees for the Session or Event.
- Risk Management
- It is your responsibility to inform DFA of any special dietary or other requirements you may have, sufficiently in advance to enable DFA to attempt to accommodate these requirements (or where this is not possible, inform you of such).
- You use the Venue and all associated facilities at your own risk. Despite anything else in these Conditions, DFA accepts no liability to you or any third party for any loss of or damage to any of your equipment, materials or other belongings brought to the Venue, whether by fire, theft, accident, injury or otherwise.
- The Event may contain inherently dangerous activities, including the use of specialised equipment. Reasonable assistance will be provided; however, registrants are responsible for their own wellbeing and DFA accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury incurred in connection with an Event.
- Any liability incurred by us in connection with the ‘What’s New in DFU’ will be limited to the refund of the Fee paid to DFA. All guarantees, representations, conditions and warranties of any nature are expressly excluded. However nothing in these conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to do so, the guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth) and the Australian Consumer Law. If these Acts impose any inalienable consumer rights then to the extent of any inconsistency with these Conditions, these Conditions are to be read down to permit those rights.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all indirect or consequential liability and all liability for any loss (including indirect or consequential loss), expense, damage, personal injury or death incurred (whether or not arising from negligence) by you in connection with your attendance at the ‘What’s New in DFU’ event.
- You release us from any action, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs and expenses, incurred in connection with our acts, omissions or negligence in connection with the ‘What’s New in DFU’ event. You further indemnify DFA its employees, agents, contactors and sub-contractors against and agree to make good, any action, suits, proceedings, claims, demands, costs and expenses (including legal costs, professional costs and other expenses on a full indemnity basis), incurred in connection with this agreement. Any such amount is a debt due and payable within 20 business days of request.
- DFA reserves the right to amend these Terms from time to time. The Terms governing your attendance at any ‘What’s New in DFU’ events will be those in force at the time of your registration or attendance at a Session or Event if you do not need to register (as applicable).
- The failure, delay, relaxation or indulgence on the part of DFA in exercising, in part or whole, any power, right or remedy conferred upon that party by these Terms do not operate as a waiver of that power, right or remedy.
- If any provision of these Terms is invalid or not enforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the relevant Term is to be read down and shall otherwise be capable of being severed to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability without affecting the remaining provisions of these Terms.
- These Terms are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with the laws in force in Queensland. Each party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of those Queensland courts and waives any objection that it may have that proceedings have been brought in an inconvenient forum.
- Privacy Statement
- Protecting your privacy and appropriate use of your personal information is an important aspect of the way DFA implements its activities, online and offline.
- You acknowledge you may be filmed, recorded and/or photographed by DFA, the media or any other party at The Conference and consent to DFA using any such film, sound and/or photograph for DFA editorial, promotion, publicity and advertising purposes, or for the promulgation of correct medical procedures.
- By submitting a Registration Form, you consent to DFA collecting, using and disclosing your personal information (including credit card information) to administer this Event. This may include the production of registrant lists and photographs for marketing and related uses, unless notified otherwise. We will disclose personal information relating to credit card details for payment processing only.
- Please contact us to update or correct your details.
- In all other aspects, DFA will collect, use and disclose personal information provided to it in accordance with its Privacy Statement, which can be found at: https://www.diabetesfeetaustralia.org/privacy/or provided on request.